Friday, March 31, 2017

The Closet Killer

We had group meetings again yesterday and I shared with them my problem with my killer's nickname. At the beginning, I wanted to do something with homosexuality or homophobia but my peers advised me that that choice would give out too much about my film. So it was better if I do it related to the weapon or to the killer's M.O.  So, I talked to my teacher to get a little bit more of insight and sh told me that my peers were right. Also, I'm not doing alliteration anymore.

I looked up some serial killer nicknames and I have to admit that most of them were really bad. I never notice that people just combine the place where the person is killing with the way he/she does it and then POOF! nickname created. For instance:








Even BTK, who I thought had a cool nickname:



Instead, I wanted something like:




So I talked to my friends and I started to look up synonyms for cutter, stab, knife, etc. And suddenly we came up with...

The Closet Killer

So before I explain the meaning of it... remember that I also needed a signature for my killer? Well... what if, after he kills his victims he hides them in the closet, as of ''stay inside the closet'', because they're gay, get it? Thus, that's where The Closet Killer comes from. 

I really liked the nickname and the symbology of it since it adds something extra to my film. Nevertheless, I don't think that it is as powerful as to put it as my movie title. THEREFORE, here I am again in a dispute for my movie title. I want it to be a single ambiguous world. I'll think about it in the next couple of days and I'll keep you update it. 

Sources:

"42 Dangerous Serial Killers Who Had Nicknames." Ranker. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Mar. 2017.

"21st Century Serial Killers." Ranker. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment