Thursday, March 9, 2017

Reasons pt. 2

So basically, my previous post was all about exploring the different and diverse reasons why serial killer/psychopaths would invade a house. My goal was that by doing this, I would get inspiration for the reason that drives my character to intrude into a house. Nevertheless, this wasn't the outcome of the events. 

After watching numerous movies, which by the way left me a little concerned about my safety inside my own home, I didn't find any solution for my initial problem. Therefore, I was frustrated and nervous that I wouldn't come up with an idea that would amaze me and others as well, in time for to start the whole production and post-production processes. 

But... thank god to friends and after school events... I just come from attending ''Hair'' the musical performed by the Drama Class from my school. While I was there, I was relating my problem to my friend hoping that she would analyze it from a different perspective. So as we were thinking about a logical and interesting motive, she mentioned my characters selection and I said that I want my intruder to be a man and then the house owners could be a couple (I'll explain later why). Then I stated that the latter could be a lesbian couple to be less cliché and create a more modern representation. And, just like that, I created my plot:

It's going to be about this homophobic (serial) killer who enjoys killing homosexual couples.

You're Next (2011)
Basically, the whole concept of the different point of view is maintained, so the killer is introduced first as he enters the house, without the audience knowing that he's the intruder. 

Now I can make my storyboard using my plot as the base so I can start the whole production activity next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment