Saturday, March 18, 2017

Decisions

As I said in my last post, I started my storyboard a few days ago. I'll be attaching images from the scenes from Act I.... but first, I'll explain some of the initial decisions that I decided to take:
  • My killer's clothes are going to be black jeans, shoes and sweater and a red t-shirt. The hoodie will be complementary to the fact that it's going to be a rainy day. The red t-shirt is linked to the thought that with red clothes, the blood of his victims are not going to be visible after the act.
  • It's going to be a rainy weekend day because the majority of people decide to stay at their houses rather than go out in this type of days,
  • The color scheme of my movie is going to basically be a combination of blues, grays and blacks, but I will also add a yellow tone coming from the lights used throughout the production. It's going to be a Complementary Color Scheme, which is choosing ''two colors on opposite sides of the color wheel.'' Usually, ''orange and blue colors can be associated with conflict in action, internally or externally'', being in my movie the conflict that our psychopath has with homosexual couples, leading him to react the way he reacts. 
  • Color Wheel with a Complementary Sceheme
  • I'll introduce the news report with the presence of the T.V.; nevertheless, to avoid the whole process of filming an entire news program, I'll just turn on the T.V. but locate the killer in the middle of the screen so it's not visible to the camera but the audience can understand where the audio is coming from. 
  • The date September 14, 2016 and the place Charleston, N. Carolina were chosen due to the whole controversy that arose before the elections in the U.S., especially in Southern States regarding the LGBTQ community. 
Without any more explanation for Act I, here goes my storyboard (it's subject to change):

The blue circles are puddles

I haven't decided what's the name that my killer will receive from the media




In the last image, there are some images from Act II as well. Lastly, I'm sorry for my poor-looking drawings, but my art skills have not developed in the last year, at least I hope, that you can understand them.



Sources:
"Basic color schemes - Introduction to Color Theory." Basic color schemes: Color Theory Introduction. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.
"5 Common Film Color Schemes - Cinematic Color Design." Cinema5D. N.p., 21 Oct. 2016. Web. 18 Mar. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment