Friday, March 10, 2017

Brainstorming

Today we met in class groups to talk about our progress in our specific projects.
Brainstorm
I think it's safe to say that everyone found it really helpful; there were some people in my group that needed advice on how to continue with their productions. Thankfully, I figured out the purpose of mine yesterday, so at least I had a base for what I wanted to share with my peers.

I discussed my plot with them and how I want to convey it and... they liked it! I was so excited because now I know that I;m not the only person who likes the story that I want to tell. 

Even though I didn't need help with my plot as a whole, they did help me with the development of my film.They advised me to create a serial killer with a signature; so, after he commits his crime he would leave an object like a rose, a poker card, etc. In my case, it needs to be meaningful and correlated to the homosexual couples so the whole point of him being homophobic is understood by the audience in a smooth way. 

Also, many of the movies that I watched present the killer(s) at the beginning of the movie by showing them attacking other people who are totally unrelated to the protagonists. For instance, in Ils a mom and a daughter crash into a tree and they have no signal on their phones to ask for help. So, the attackers take advantage of the situation and start making noises to scare them until they kill both of them.


Later on, the protagonist is seen driving by the same place where the family was attacked the previous night while their car is being towed by the police.

So basically what I wanted to was to show a fake newspaper or a fake news program showing a story of a killer who's been targeting homosexual couples so the crime is implicitly introduced beforehand. My group advised me to just add the audio from the news and I wouldn't have to go through all the work of filming a news program or making a fake newspaper.

I'm really excited and proud because at this point last year I still didn't have the minimum idea of what I wanted to do. But this year, everything is flowing so well and I'm really picturing the movie in my head.

I'll keep you updated with my storyboard process; wish me luck trying to draw all my scenes.

No comments:

Post a Comment