Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Step by Step

So.... I started filming last Thursday and it was a mix of success and failure.

First, let me introduce you to my actors.

  • My killer:

Christopher Beytia  Frentzel
  • My lesbian couple:
Isabella Armas - Leon
Catalina Castro
Also, here's my set (Isabella's house)


 



 




I arrived at her house at 6:00 pm to start organizing everything, and everyone else got there at like 6:30/7:00 pm. Nevertheless, it was still too clear to start filming, so we started filming the last scenes, like the one in the bathroom and in the kitchen. As it was getting darker, we could film the rest of the scenes. I was really worried about the lighting since I needed it to be dark but not as much so the audience could understand what was happening. Before I left my house I remember that my mom bought this Push Light for our kitchen so I decided to take it with me hoping that it would be really useful; and actually, it was. Larissa Martins helped me holding 7

Adhesive Push Light

At 8:00 pm we were all really tired but I still wanted to finish the final scene. The problem was that we were laughing so much because Cata and Isa couldn't be a real couple. At the end the scene was perfect... but then I realized that I wasn't filming. Everyone was so mad at me. So we had to film it again. Later on, I decided to order pizza for my actors, thanking them for all their cooperation.

When we finished eating, we still had a couple of scenes to film. So we started doing them as fast as possible because everyone else had other places to be.

However, because of this rush on filming, I completely forgot a really important scene. Also, when I started putting all my shots together on Monday, I realized that there are some continuity issues with some of them. Therefore, we all have to go next week, because this one is really busy for everyone, and film the remaining scenes. 

The good thing about filming is that I had to decide my killer's weapon fast. So I think that the easiest and more accesible thing to use was a knife. I was going to shot it as if the killer got it from the kitchen but then the perception of him coming ready to kill would be lost. So, I just decided to introduce it as if he has had it in his pocket since he arrived at the house.

Lastly, while we were eating Chris suggested that for my nickname choose a word related to homosexual relations or homophobia. So, I'm going to do that research today and decide whether I should go for the alliteration route or the symbolic route. 

Also, my goal for this week is to record all the sounds that I posted in my last post, so I'll keep you updated with that!

No comments:

Post a Comment