Friday, March 3, 2017

Start again from scratch

I talked to my teacher yesterday about my idea for my short film, but she said it was too cliché and so I should think about something more original.

I was really stressed after that because I thought that I wouldn't come up with an amazing plot and I didn't want to spend ample time thinking about it, just like I did last year (huge mistake). However, I did my best to think about a simple story that would be both original and interesting for the viewer and for myself.

By the end of the day, I  had 3 ideas:
  1. Interrogation room: Basically start with 2 characters, one is being questioned by the other about something that he/she did, but the viewer doesn't know what. This would stay like this until the end of the film, when the action is finally revealed.
  2. Chaser/stalker: A girl becomes aware that she's being chased by a guy. Nevertheless, she ends up getting kidnapped by another guy that she didn't see and the first one helps her. This could also be that a girl was being chased by a guy but at the end is the girl who's the killer.
  3. The Strangers (2008)
  4. Change of perspectives: Film the same break in story but from the perspective of the intruder but without explicitly saying that he's the intruder. Basically, the camera would allude that the intruder is the house's owner but at the end, the viewer discovers that this isn't true.
From these 3 options, I like most the latter. Personally, I think that it's innovative and I haven't seen it before in another film. So I talked to my teacher today and she liked it but she advised me that I should think about the intruder's purpose.

Why is he breaking into the house? Why is he killing the other person?

These are the questions that I intend to answer over the weekend and have a clear reason by Monday so I can start my storyboard next week. We're moving fast!

I'll let you know what I came up with :)

No comments:

Post a Comment