Thursday, March 23, 2017

Sounds, sounds, sounds

Since I finished my storyboard yesterday, I started thinking about the production process. This process, even though characterized by filming all the scenes needed, also includes the creation of sound effects. I decided to make a list of all the sounds that I have to produce for my very soon-to-be short film.

Here's the list of all the sounds that I've thought about so far:

  1. Footsteps in the pavement
  2. Nature sounds
  3. House door opening
  4. News report of the beginning
  5. Lights turning on in the kitchen
  6. Fridge door opening
  7. Fridge door closing 
  8. Kitchen's cabinet opening
  9. Kitchen's cabinet closing
  10. Putting glass in the counter
  11. Pouring water into the glass
  12. Kitchen lights turning off
  13. Turning off the TV
  14. Phone vibration 
  15. Water from the faucet of the kitchen
  16. Bathroom door opening
  17. Bathroom faucet 
  18. Bathroom door opening
  19. Bathroom lights turning on
  20. Bathroom door closing
  21. Bathroom lights turning off
  22. Sighs
  23. Low voices 
  24. Strong bump in the wall
  25. Heavy breathing
  26. Bedroom knob door trying to be opened
  27. Screams?
  28. Final news report.
Music Maker JAM App
I think these are all the sound effects that I need for the creation of my short film. Maybe I'll add some more after I start editing.  Apart from this, I have to look up for suspense music. I don't know if it's possible to create this music in the Music Make JAM App that I downloaded on my phone or if I have to find a free soundtrack. 
In the meanwhile, I leave you this short film directed by Daniel Jewel about two Foley Artists: Pete Burgis and Sue Harding.



Sources:

Music, JAM - just add. "Music Maker JAM APK mirror Download - Free Music And Audio Apps for Android." APKupdate. N.p., 18 Jan. 2017. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.
"THE SECRET WORLD OF FOLEY." YouTube. N.p., 10 July 2016. Web. 23 Mar. 2017.



No comments:

Post a Comment