Wednesday, March 30, 2016

This is what is happening

TODAY was a really good day for my video.

As I wrote in my previous post, I filmed the other option for my main interview this morning, and it was GREAT! 

At first, the couple and I had a little trouble coming up with the script since, apparently, they've never had any big problem in their relationship. Also, they were a little bit nervous of course and when we started filming, their words weren't coming out natural. But eventually, they thought about an obstacle and we all knew how to manage their nervousness. So at the end, they were speaking freely and I could easily feel the connection between them.

This is a picture of the video, so you can see my little "actors":

Andrea y Santiago, 1 year together


I'm going to talk a little bit about mise-en-scene here. For the interviews, I wasn't really specific with the costume and setting selection. The reason of this is because the interviews are Marcella's friend project, therefore, they shouldn't look that professional because he's not in a Media Class (poor him). Also, Andrea's messy hair and lack of makeup express her personality and at the same time, provides naturality to the video.



By the way:


This interview is in Spanish (I'm going to put subtitles, no panic). I did this because Marcella was born in Venezuela and this can show a little bit about her background. The switch of languages is something that no one is going to expect in the film opening. I believe (and hope) that is an element that is going to make the production stand out since it adds something different to the film since there's going to be a diversity of culture and traditions that are going to be seen through the interviews and the actors. 


Now on my checklist, I'm only missing Marcella's scene and the last interview, which is getting harder since I can't find another couple.

This gets more exciting and stressful as time goes by. I'm really looking forward to start editing and give shape to all of this isolated videos, but at the same time I have so many things to do for my other classes that I really need to manage my time. 

Two more days until the weekend! Hopefully, I'll come up with everything.

Chao, Chao!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Celeste! I am honestly astounded by your blog! It is literally awesome! I love the colors that you used as your blog's background because it perfectly complements your genre. I love all the research you put into all of your posts and all the time and effort I can see that you put into it. Like on the post where you were trying to select music for your film opening, you came up with a plethora of songs with links and explained why you wanted them with great care. There is not much advice I can give you because you seem to be on the right track in my opinion with your blog content, post length, and frequent postings. I can't wait to check back when you post your final project because I would love to see what you created!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Asher! I'm glad that you liked my blog. Thank you very much for your comment!

      Delete