Saturday, March 26, 2016

Rocemi Films

Rocemi stands for Rogelio, Celeste and Milagros, the names of my brother, my mother, and mine. I decided to use that as the production company because I wanted to add something personal to the project.

So on Thursday, I decided to make the presentation for my film company, so I researched differents movie studios and film distributors logos:


All of the presentations are composed of a logo, a text, and a feature music that are made in a way that each element is easily recognizable by the viewer. And obviously, every and each one of the companies has an amazing presentation which I seriously think that is really hard to do since I'm basically a beginner in the animation world.



I also watched this collection of Walt Disney Picture Logos just because I think that is interesting to see how much Disney logos have changed over the years as the technology evolves, and how they adapt their introductions to each of the movies they present.

So I started to look for programs to make my intro. The first one I found is Animaker. After 3 hours of figuring out how the program works and what I wanted to do, I came up with this:


I was really proud of myself because I added some good animations and the fonts connected with the tone of the film since the Rocemi is typed with a stylish and girly style.



BUT when I finished everything and I was ready to download it, this happened:


And since I'm totally against paying $12 just for a 5 seconds video, and because I was confident that there are million of other programs that provide the same tools for free, I closed my this website and I continued looking for others.

So I downloaded this one called Movavi. It really has really nice tools and animations that I could use. So just as a trial to see if I could download the video for free, I created this piece. I was super excited because I could download it for free, but when I opened the video later, I got disappointed:


(You can imagine my face when I watched it)

So I continue my search for an app that could provide me what I needed. Surprisingly for me, every program or website that I could found, didn't have the effects that I was looking for or I had to pay $50 just to download it. 

At the end, I came by with Moovly and FINALLY I could make a video without having to pay.




But for some reason, I don't like it enough. I consider that is missing something, although I don't know what; or maybe I just want the video that I did with Animaker. Who knows?

At this point, my brain has exploded 3 times and I still don't have the intro that I want. So I went back to my research, and I found this article called '65 expert logo design tips'  which is a really nice and complete article that, by providing examples of famous logos, it provides all the steps that a designer must follow to compose an appropriate emblem.






Among all the 65 tips, this one is one that I really found interesting since I would never guess that a grid may be useful for the layout of a design. So I followed the advice and I draw a couple of sketches in one grid:

I kept the idea from the 3 logos on the top so I digitalized them with Pixlr Editor. I don't know what I was trying to do when I was doing the sketches with the pencil but thankfully I also did the sketches with the provided fonts. When I finished, I decided to go with the design on the bottom. 

Which is this one right here:

With the concept of my logo already made, I decided that since I couldn't found a program that could satisfy my necessities, I would do it on my own.

Now, was time to come up with my background, which  I created with Background Image Generator.




Now that I had all the elements that I needed, I needed a program to put all these elements together and compose my introduction. I remembered that my teacher from Venezuela used to work with Sony Vegas PRO 13.0, so I downloaded it. I added the logo over the background with the Rocemi Films text and a couple of basic animations. Although I'm still missing the music, I'm very proud and satisfy with the work I did here. 




Lastly, after working 3 days on this, I'm very tired. I never could've to imagine that only the intro for my studio company could take me that long. If this is the way it's going to be when it comes the time to edit my video, I don't know how I'm going to survive. 

Nevertheless, I really enjoyed doing my own work because the reward is so much greater than if a program does it for you. I hope that I maintain this same idea when I make my film so I don't struggle that much with it.

I'm positive that I'll start with the filming next week since classes will begin again and everyone will come back to Weston.

Chao, Chao!

All the programs and websites mentioned in this post can be found on:

N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2016. <http://www.animaker.com/>.
"Our Best Windows Products:." Video Software. N.p., n.d. Web. 24 Mar. 2016. <http://www.movavi.com/>.
"Moovly." Moovly. N.p., n.d. Web. 25 Mar. 2016. <https://www.moovly.com/en/login>.
"65 Expert Logo Design Tips." 65 Expert Logo Design Tips. N.p., 10 June 2014. Web. 26 Mar. 2016. <http://www.creativebloq.com/graphic-design/pro-guide-logo-design-21221>.
"Online Photo Editor | Pixlr Editor | Autodesk Pixlr." Online Photo Editor | Pixlr Editor | Autodesk Pixlr. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2016. <https://pixlr.com/editor/>.
"Background Image Generator." - SiteOrigin. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2016. <http://bg.siteorigin.com/>.
"Sony Creative Software - Descargar: Vegas Pro 13." Sony Creative Software - Descargar: Vegas Pro 13. N.p., n.d. Web. 26 Mar. 2016. <http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/es/download/trials/vegaspro>.

Videos:
  • Conradmward. "Best Movie Studio Logos." YouTube. YouTube, 15 Sept. 2012. Web. 24 Mar. 2016. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjN7x90Jmvc>.
  • Http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBehHitrhQcMGjJfeTF3fGQ. "Walt Disney Pictures Intro Logo Collection (All Variations) HD." YouTube. YouTube, 15 Mar. 2015. Web. 24 Mar. 2016. <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noHhkzBmhRE>.

2 comments:

  1. Celeste, your blog posts are great! They include a lot of details, research, and, my favorite parts, pictures and videos. I feel that visuals are really important in a blog because it allows the reader to actually see what you're typing about.

    The constant links make it very simple for the reader to know exactly what you're talking about. It gives the reader all of the resources you used right there on one post. I also liked how you linked the songs that you were hoping to choose for your opening, I'm actually listening to Love Someone right now because you had it linked lol.

    I thought that the addition of the videos you shot the first day of filming was a great way to let the reader feel like they're with you every step of the way.

    Overall I think you're doing a great job, you're making it very easy for anyone on this blog to follow you on this film openings journey. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Patricia! Awesome that you heard the song, that was my intention :')

    Thank you so much, you make me happy with all your comments!

    ReplyDelete