Saturday, April 15, 2017

Short film

FINALLY, this blog post. As I mentioned in some previous posts, I had two days of filming. For my editing, I used Wondershare Filmora, wich, in my opinion, it's easier than iMovie and provides with the same or even more tools. 

I started with placing the scenes as I wanted to progress the narration. My problem here is that, even though I had a second day to fix this, some scenes needed close-ups or I still had some continuity problems, so I had to play with the shots that I had. For some scenes, I played shots backward, for others, I cut the screen or cut their length to send my message across. At this point, I thought that my short film was awful, I hated it. 

BUT WAIT, I was still missing the sound effects.

For door sounds, light switches, steps, I used the ones that I recorded or the ones from the video itself, because they were really good. I got the suspense sting from the Youtube's Audio Library. 

  • Impeding Doom Film Trailer 
  • Horror Music
  • Earthy Crust
  • Deep Horrors
I thought about recording the birds sound of the end but it was going to be so messy, so I just went to Free Sound and got the sound out of there.


After I added all these sounds, I started to like my video more and more; the magic of sound! 

I added the title at the end because most of the short films I watched have it at the end as well; also, I didn't like how it looked in the opening scene. 

OH! At the beginning, I added my producer's logo from last year.



Lastly, I added some credits and done! 5 minutes and 25 seconds. 

I know that it's not perfect and there are a few corrections that I should make but they're out of my hands. However, I do hope you enjoy it. 

Sources:

Horror Music by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/)
YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 15 Apr. 2017.
Freesound.org - Freesound.org. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment