Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Insert title here

After a whole weekend of deep thought and research of fancy words, I came up with my title. As I stated in my post about my killer's nickname, I wanted a simple word or set of words that wouldn't give too much about my film. Consequently, the option of using the nickname as my title was out of the table. 

Mrs. Stoklosa advised me to look for synonyms for ''cut, stab, knife'', etc', but I couldn't find anything that could convince me. Some peers suggested me to use ''Closet'', but I'm not exactly focusing on the closet during the duration of the movie, but instead inferring its significance through the audio from the news reports. I kept looking and thinking and throwing ideas but nothing would satisfy me enough to be my title.

I talked to my best friend about this problem and she mentioned ''Come in'' and I really liked it; I even visualize the front of my postcard (which I'll talk more in depth in my next post). Nevertheless, after repeating it numerous times, I realized that it implies an invitation, which is clearly not given in the film. But thanks to it, I thought about another title and it convinced me.

So, with no further talk, my title is (although subject to change):

Break In

What I like about it is that it's simple, quick, just like other thriller/horror movies; titles like ''Split''. ''Scream'', ''The Conjuring'' are the ones that stick with people. Also, I can continue with my idea for the postcard with it. 

Quickly updates in my other components:
  • Filming will be finished this Saturday
  • Postcard process has been started
  • Website will be started in the following days


No comments:

Post a Comment