Sunday, April 16, 2017

Last one.

Before I post my final project, I wanted to say goodbye. 

I entered this class by coincidence. I was new in my Sophomore year and had no idea what AICE classes were, but something in the name of the class attracted me; plus, I needed an elective. I remember 1 week in, I was telling my friend that I was going to change it for another class, I've never been a media creator/analyzer and this was not going to be my thing. My friend convinced me to stay, and thank God, she did.

I understand that my projects are not that outstanding, especially during my AS level, or that I'm not very talkative in our class's discussions. But I enjoy it, and everything that Mrs. Stoklosa has taught us has been useful for me in other classes or in my life outside of school. Looking back to my AS level, I laugh at my project because I feel that it's so bad as a difference from what I've created this year; but that's the beauty of it, the fact that I feel that I've enhanced my skills in this field. 

This class has also provided me with the opportunity of meeting amazing and creative people that I would never have met if it wasn't because all of us were in the same class. I think it's great how we see something in any social media related to some class discussion or our projects and we send it to each other. 

I don't know who's going to read my posts and watch my vlogs, but this blog has been so useful for me. Even though some weeks were stressful to write 3 posts, I am glad that I did. It always helped me establish what I had and what I needed and it also lent me the chance of taking a break from all my process and just write about it. 

Next year I won't have this class, and God knows where I will be studying, but I will always remember it and I'll be grateful for everything that it taught me because I know that I would never have this opportunity in Venezuela. And I hope that those who take it will feel the same. 

Thank you.


No comments:

Post a Comment