Sunday, April 16, 2017

CCR

Once again, I am truly sorry for my accent.



I leave my script just in case there was something you didn't understand.

Something that came up during my plot creation, was the idea of establishing a woman as the killer, which would challenge the traditional conventions of thrillers. Nevertheless, women usually murder based on a passion affair, cheating for instance. Even though I could have challenged this aspect as well, I wasn’t comfortable doing it because of all the topic of empowering women, so I thought that putting a woman as a homosexual killer would be taken the wrong way. Therefore, I continued with the traditional men killer but I added the homosexual victims to be critical of the issues that the country is facing. I specifically located the time of the events near the presidential elections since none of the candidates ever stated any policy that they would pass regarding this issue. 

Even though everything started as a creative plot, I included the issue on my website as well. To both market and force people to analyze homophobia, I included the fake protests in North Carolina and the creation of the hashtag #NoMoreClosetKillers. This hashtag would create a link between the director and the viewers and provide a way for my target audience, Gen Z, and Millennials, to feel involved since they themselves would be the protagonists of this campaign which would take place on twitter and Instagram. The website also states the screens of the short film in some festivals; even though right now this is fake, this would be the idea to distribute it. To get people to go to the festivals, I would use all my social media. In the case of snap chat, I discovered recently that it now provides for an option to see nearby stories. So for example, people who live in Miami would have stories from Ultra. So this would be useful for people who live nearby the festivals, so people in Cleveland, Ohio, New York, and Ft Lauderdale. Related to this, I could create a filter from my short film to appear to people who are nearby the festivals. At the same time, it would be useful to create a discover of the festival and people would post stories at the festivals and the information would pass around. 

For the creation of all my components, I used the same fonts and the color scheme. My postcard is characterized by a sort of royal blue and white, which are included all throughout in my website’s layout. The font Strange Path is the only font used in the postcard and in the title for the website. On the website, I tried to use a friendlier font for the text but, since my OCD attacks sometimes, the body text in every page starts at 244 in the y – axis; therefore, everything is uniform and the consumer understands that it’s on the website of my short film, even though it has different pages. So when it comes to the film, it established that dark tone and of course maintains the same font for the title. As a plus, my social media contain the same elements and advertise the short film, the website, and of course the no more closet killers campaign. 

Lastly, Canva, Wondershare Filmora, Pixlr, and Wix were my friends throughout the creation of this project. Canva and Pixlr for my postcard, Wix for my website, and Filmora for my vlogs and of course my short film. While editing my short film I encountered some problems. The biggest one being the lack of footage that I had, I guess I never learn. For some scenes, I had extra but for some others, I didn’t. That’s why in some scenes I had to repeat shots, or used shots that were not filmed for that scene in particular. At the end, even though not perfect, I liked the result of all my three components. And even though, a stressful journey, I enjoyed every aspect of it. And now I say thank you and goodbye...

Sources:
"New to Canva? Sign up!" Amazingly Simple Graphic Design Software – Canva. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2017.
"Pixlr." Photo editor online - Pixlr.com. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2017.
Snapchat. N.p., n.d. Web. 16 Apr. 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment