Thursday, April 6, 2017

Postcard II

As soon as I had that idea in my mind, I knew I wanted to recreate it. So I waited until it was dark enough, I opened my entrance door, moved my lunch table to the center and took the same knife that I used for the film and placed it on the table. I also added a little bit of ketchup (yes, ketchup. I'm sorry Mrs. Stoklosa but I didn't have time to buy the ingredients for the fake blood mix) to the knife to see how it would look with the light. 

Also, remember the pushy light that I used for my filming? Well, I had two this time and they were really useful. 
This is basically how it looked when I set everything
The one on the right I took it with the outside light on, while the one on the left it's with the light off. That's why the left one is darker than the other one. I used my mom's iPhone S6 to take the pictures and on her screen, it didn't look that bad. However, when I passed it to my computer, it darkened but I guessed that I could fix the light. 
Nevertheless, every time that I'd increase the brightness, the light over the knife would look weird. So I just decided to work with the other one. I edited in Canva and this is how it looked:

Picture A
I increased the brightness and the contrast while also adding a blue tint. I absolutely loved the outcome, it has both blue and a little bit of orange which were basically the colors that I chose for the film. But also has that mysterious and spooky tone that every thriller should have. I started showing it to my peers to see what they thought about it and I received diverse opinions; some loved it and others not so much. One of them perceived the fence as an obstacle and as too bright for the whole picture. So I edited it on Pixlr and tried 2 outcomes, in one I lowered the brightness only on the fence and in the other one, I deleted the fence completely. After that, I added the blue tint.

Picture B
Picture C

However, I didn't like it. I feel that the white from the fence gives life to the picture. It also works as a nice place where to put the title. I exposed all the options to more people and they all chose picture A.

Btw, I downloaded the font from dafont.com.

Because plurality rules, I decided to go with picture A. I also put the title more transparent so it wouldn't be that bright. The final outcome is:


I sill have to add the basic information and do the back side of the postcard. I'm really excited because so far everything is turning out to be so well.

PS: my cat also wanted to be in the shot, so she just stepped in. And shout out to my mom for holding two pushy lights for half an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment